Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving and intro.

This is my third attempt to start this blog so I'm just going to start it. I usually try to be clever and creative and "hook the reader." Which is really, in the songwriting world, a trick to sell a song (which is a tragedy that I've come to terms with about art versus business, but I'll save that soapbox for another time.) I tried twice to be clever and it was lame. I have to blog and let the world know about my life, because, however pretentious or cocky this may sound, mine is TRULY fascinating.

Now, I've just gone through one of my hardest years and I'm finally on the other side, so now that I am laughing again, it's easy to find things to laugh about. And lately, I LITERALLY get drunk off of the people around me. I have this insatiable appetite to KNOW people. Yes I am dramatic. But that's a part of me so get over it. My sister described me perfectly the other night (when she was trying to be condescending). She says I am a 14 year old girl. And I totally am. It's wrong but I LOVE gossip, I didn't even realize that OK, People, and US Weekly were gossip magazines until a friend up north told me they were. I still read them. And i find gossip is the thing I most often repent to Jesus about. Honestly, I'm tired of trying to be a quiet, introverted, waifish, trendy hipster (this is something I feel like I want to be to fit into this ridiculous crowd in Nashville). I got over that after my most recent heartbreak, which was life altering. And I am in this beautifully amazing place of accepting who I am. And since you're reading, I'll let you in on me. I am loud. I love food (mouthgasm is one of my favorite words, and I usually have one at every meal. Seriously, when I had my first kiss (which was amazing by the way), I compared it to delicious food). I fall in love with anyone who will give me the time of day. I'm competitive. I desperately need to be affirmed. I still try to prove myself to my dad. I'm worth being pursued. I don't really have time for people who are going to screw me over. I am a fan of therapy and medicine. I go to a therapist and take Prozac. I usually tell people too much. I grew up Baptist and I have a hard time with the concept of grace. BUT, I'm learning that everything is NOT black and white and that gray is actually a beautiful color, and that not all Baptists are bad. I've spent most of this Thanksgiving break laughing with my mom. I play tetris and stac (this amazing widget) and get ticked if someone beats my high score. Namely my sister. I got engaged after 3 months of dating someone, and I don't regret it at all. I'm really good at writing ballads. I love cracking my neck, my fingers, my toes, and my back. I have great eyelashes and just this morning, I was admiring my ears. I could drink the ranch that they serve at Chili's. And yes, I like Chili's even though it is not trendy. I like REAL mayonnaise and butter. And now I'm getting tired. More later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey sb. im going to add you to my links on my blog. im glad youre here.

Stephanie said...

welcome to the blogging world. i've found that it can be quite therapeutic. i'll add your link on mine. looking forward to being able to be "caught up" on you via your written word, which as you know i've always enjoyed.

James K said...

Hey. I read your blog. You're a nerd. Just kidding. Short sentences.