Monday, August 18, 2008

The Break In

It is 6:37 a.m. right now. I am usually not awake at this hour. Ever. It is beautiful outside and the temperature is 65 degrees. I woke up to a little knock knock knock on the door. Immediately I knew that someone had vandalized something, and it was most likely my car. Why else would a neighbor be knocking on my door at such a ludicrous hour?

Well I threw on some clothes and walked outside. The window was smashed in and my GPS, recently glued on with Gorilla Glue, strongest glue known to man that withstands heat, cold, and weight (but not the hands of a robber) had been ripped off of my dashboard. I looked in the back of the car, where my brand new keyboard still sat in it's case, at least 9 times the value of the GPS, and rolled my eyes. My parents also gave me a new GPS for Christmas (apparently mom and dad know how directionally disabled I am) and it was in my glove compartment. In my mind I just thought IDIOTS. Sad desperate idiots (not my parents, the robber).

There's this line in a song by Rosie Thomas where she's talking about her friends. And she says "they don't hold things, they don't hold hands, they guard their hearts the best they can." One of her friends that she is referring to is a well-known artist who owns no instruments, I guess he just borrows everything.

So. That is my Monday morning this week. Heckuva start.

No comments: